Click here for a list of our Family Planning locations
If you think you may be pregnant and need a pregnancy test, you’ve come to the right place.
An unplanned pregnancy can be one of the most difficult things a woman may face. All our family planning programs offer pregnancy testing and info to help you make a decision about your options. Our trained counselors provide objective info to support you and the decision you make.
- You can have a pregnancy test at any of our family planning programs either on a walk-in basis or by appointment. To find a family planning program near you, click here.
- Testing is confidential, even if you are under 18
- The cost of the test is determined on a sliding fee scale and in some cases it may be free.
- The pregnancy test is a urine test that should be done within about 10 to 14 days of intercourse or if you’re late with your period.
- You will have the test results immediately.
- If the test is negative and you want to prevent pregnancy, a counselor will help you choose a birth control method that’s right for you
- If you have had unprotected sex, you may be eligible for Emergency Contraception.
- If the test is positive, a counselor will talk with you about your options which include giving birth and getting prenatal care, making an adoption plan, and terminating pregnancy (abortion). We can also refer you to other doctors and specialists who can help you.
Talking with people you think will be supportive of you may be helpful, such as family members, sexual partner, friends, counselors, and other professionals.
Whatever decision you make, the choice should be yours.