Family Planning programs provide an array of services, including:
- gynecological exams and male reproductive health exams
- pregnancy testing and options counseling
- birth control/contraceptive information, counseling and supplies
- HIV confidential testing and counseling
- Emergency Contraception (aka EC, "morning after pills," Plan B)
- breast, cervical, and testicular cancer screening
- STD education, screening, treatment and referral
- Hepatitis C rapid testing
- infertility information and referrals
- breast exams and self-exam education, pap smears and pap tests
- referrals for other health risks and concerns
We provide high quality, confidential reproductive health care, prevention and education services for women, men and teens in Southeastern Massachusetts. Our mission is to promote and ensure reproductive health care and rights based on the unique needs of the individuals and communities we serve. We are committed to providing confidential, affordable and accessible reproductive health services to individuals of all ages.
While services are provided to individuals of all ages and parental permission is not required to receive services, younger clients are encouraged to involve their parent(s) or guardian(s) in their reproductive health care decision-making.
We do not deny access to services based on anyone's ability to pay.
We accept the following types of insurance:• Medicaid/MassHealth/Commonwealth
• BMC Boston Health Net
• Network Health
• Children's Medical Insurances
• Neighborhood Health
• Harvard Pilgrim
If you do not have insurance, your cost is based on a sliding fee scale according to your family size and income.
Health Imperatives' family planning program is supported by Federal and state funds, patient fees, and donations.